We now have a regular group of approximately 10+ ARCC members racing most weekends throughout the year across both men and women, all holding various BCF racing licenses. That number is set to grow into 2017 and beyond with some more new faces already showing promise in the local Winter series racing. So any one who wants to take their training to the next level (at whatever age) please speak to a member of the committee who can point you in the direction of those who are involved with the Race Team. We can now proudly state that ARCC has a committed race section which is continuing to grow and evolve and we are determined to keep it very welcoming, friendly and above all else fun!
To that end 2016 has been a very successful start for the fledgling Amersham RCC Race Team and the annual awards evening in early December proved a great success with the list of winners below. Who will come to the fore in 2017?!
- Club TT points competition : Peter Stainer/ Jonathan Williams & Joy Payne
- Best individual race performance : Dan Ferguson
- Most improved rider : Mike Ing
- Strava KOM award : Tom Cudmore
- Moment of the year : Mark Perkins
- RT club person of the year : Hannah Kitchen