Amersham RCC was established in 2006 by a group of local riders to cater for cyclists of all ages and abilities. Despite our name we are based in Great Missenden, in the heart of the Chilterns, where we do the majority of our riding.
We have a thriving membership of over 200 members ranging in age from 16-75 as more and more people discover the benefits of cycling. Members come from across the Chiltern region and beyond, travelling to us from Windsor, London, Aylesbury and Uxbridge. Unusually for a road cycling club, we have a lot of female members (20%).
We run a varied programme of rides, time trials and social events to make sure there is something for everyone. For more information about the club read our Frequently Asked Questions or send an e-mail to The Chairman
The Committee 2017
- Vaughan Ward – Chairman email Club Chairman
- Christine Moore – Secretary email Club Secretary
- Kurt Kuen – Treasurer email the Treasurer
- Joy Payne – Membership Secretary email Membership Sec.
- Jon Chaplin – Kit Secretary email Club Kit Sec.
- Gary Marler – Social Secretary email Social Sec.
- Peter Hart – IT, Website, Social Media email Comms
- Dan Ferguson – Group Rides Co-ordinator email Rides Coordinator
- Joy Payne – New member liaison and the Joiner Ride email New Members
- Paul Hughes – Time trials secretary email TT Sec
- Joy Payne – WLC time trials co-ordinator email WLC TT Sec
- Michael Ing – Road racing co-ordinator email Race Sec.
Group Ride Coordinators
- Group One +: Dan Ferguson
- Group One : Gary Marler
- Group Two : Jerry Davill
- Group Three: Geoff Bell
- Group Four: David Brown
- Group Five: Nick Denton
- Joiner Ride: Chris Emerson (but email – email members sec. )
- Saturday Rides: Joy Payne
For descriptions and speeds or group rides see Club Ride Descriptions